Moving my short entry to under today's candle in preparation for a 4-day down wave
Longer version:
I'm still thinking this might be an X wave down, but I'm going to take a conservative approach on the entry and put my short entry stop under today's candle. If I'm right, I realize I'm leaving some money on the table (i.e. all of today's candle), but these are tricky times and I'm OK with that. I have moderate confidence that we will go down into July 4, but I want the market to commit to the move first.
Let's assume that we're talking about an X wave let's let's approach it in terms of calendar days. From the Jun19 top, there were 4 days in the down wave and now 2 days in the up wave. A 4day down wave would give me high confidence in the X wave trade.
If we do another up day tomorrow, then I probably won't do a short trade here and will wait to see how the market unfolds into July 4 (i.e. only 3 days in a down wave doesn't give much reward for the risk).
If price takes off to the downside and passes the neckline of the H&S top, I see two possible destinations:
Highest probability: Price will stop dead at the Jupiter/24 line intersection on the astro chart ~1296 S&P (see attached chart). (24 lines are from the Gann wheel)
Less probability: If we're very lucky, price will smash through Jupiter and we'll revisit the 6/4 low, which is also a secondary 24 line.
Very low probability: Price goes all the way to the red Mars line X at 1260.
If price goes up tomorrow, I was wrong but never entered the trade to begin with.
If price picks up my short but then goes sideways, I'll close the trade.
My vehicle is SPXU.
Good luck everybody!


No comments:
Post a Comment