This blog is primarily devoted to discussion of time/date-based or cycle techniques, as opposed to price or indicators
Thursday, October 18, 2012
i think i may get in short here with a stop over yesterdays high and close it before the weekend. If it hits my stop, i'll throw in the towel until next week
When you are in a trade, there are two possibilities for targets: price and time. Of the two, I think time is the harder to predict, but fascinates me nonetheless.
These dates should be points where the market either turns or enters/exits consolidation.
For my scoring system, I'm giving it +/- one day. If I have a prediction date and a peak occurs the day before, the day of, or the day after, I count it as a YES. Anything else is a NO.
It will take months to collect enough data to prove/disprove this system (I figure at least 10 historical data points and the more the better).
No system is 100% accurate. I'm hoping for something like 2 out of 3 turns to be predicted accurately.
HOW TO USE: When you are in a trade, you might consider exiting or tightening stops around these dates. If you not in a trade, you might consider getting in around these dates.
No comments:
Post a Comment